UNASMUN Training Programmes
Training programmes are prepared for two groups of students in Singapore:
- Students who have never attended a simulation conference, or wish to learn more about these conferences. The seven-hour, seven-module training programme will cover: i. the UN and the MUN; ii. the country; iii. issues; iv. the position and the position paper; v. the resolution; vi. lobbying; as well as vii. debate.
- Experienced student-delegates, who require conference-specific preparations, or additional exposure to issues related to the UN. The three-hour training programme will be customised based on the needs of the student-delegates, and could – for instance – include: i. issue research; ii. the position and the position paper; as well as iii. conference reflection and guidance.
Materials for the training programmes are prepared by the United Nations Association of Singapore Model United Nations (UNASMUN).
Schools with 30 or more students should contact us. Schools which wish to arrange for customised training programmes for their students should also contact us. UNASMUN can then arrange for the training programme to be held within the school. Otherwise, schools with fewer than 30 students should attend the centralised training programmes.
The centralised training programmes organised by UNASMUN are open to all students in Singapore, and are free-of-charge. Registration, however, is mandatory.
Date: May 27, 2017, Saturday (Registration closes on May 21, 2017, Sunday)
Time: 9.30am to 4.30pm (for first-time students, with a lunch break*) and 9.30am to 12.30pm (for students with prior conference experience)
Venue: Singapore Institute of Management (461 Clementi Road, Singapore 599491)
* Lunch will not be catered for students.
Registration will be closed ahead of time once we have reached 40 participants for both sessions.
Our session for those with prior conference experience will be focused on the crisis simulation this time round. Stay tuned for more details!
A reminder email will be sent to all participants on May 22, 2017 (Monday). Students who have registered, but are unable to attend the session, should notify us at least five days before the session. Non-attendance without prior notice – as detailed in this section – will result in disqualification from future sessions organised by UNASMUN.
Upcoming Sessions in 2017
These are the scheduled sessions for 2017. Registration for the next session will open, upon the conclusion of the previous one.
– January 21, 2017 (Saturday)
– February 25, 2017 (Saturday)
– March 25, 2017 (Saturday)
– April 29, 2017 (Saturday)
– May 27, 2017 (Saturday)
Outreach to Schools in Singapore
Since 2011, UNASMUN has reached out to over 81 schools or organisations (highlighted in red) through the flagship Preparatory Conference, and over 62 schools or organisations (highlighted in blue) through training programmes.
In the map below, click the icon on the top left-hand corner to access the directory, and the red or blue place-markers for more details.